Sunday, September 21, 2008

Training, Week 6 / Run 1 (Long Run)

I kind of slacked off on week 5... got my easy run in on Wed, and it was beautiful out, so I decided to go out longer than I was scheduled to, and get some speed work in as well. Did 2.8 miles at a 9:31 pace. I was pretty happy.

Then I didn't run again until today. Oops! I was supposed to do a 5-mile run on Friday, but had too much going on.

So this week, I'm moving my runs up a day, since we're headed to Baltimore on Friday. I didn't want to be running on the days I'm flying (Friday and Monday). I figure I can manage to get one run in while we're gone (although it's an 8-miler... Yikes!).

Anyway, today's run was 7 miles (click to see the route). Felt great through the first 5 or so, and went exploring parts of town I wasn't really familiar with. Got yelled at by a rooster at the farm I almost got to before turning around. I may have to run down there again just to see what's down the rest of that road. At about mile 6, my hamstrings were yelling at me, and I was definitely glad I was close to home. My heels have been upset with me all day... maybe I need to get some new shoes...

Oh well. Still, after missing a run on Friday, I managed to make it. Felt pretty good. :-) Having the GPS app on the iPhone was a godsend, basically giving me license to explore since I know how far I've gone (and when I need to turn around).

Hopefully, my heels feel better soon (ow ow ow ow ow). :-)

No comments: