What am I thankful for?
- My family: two incredibly cute kids with very different and wonderful personalities, and a husband who gave up his career to be the stay-at-home-dad.
- That the above kids have not yet decided to sing the made-up songs about bodily functions (thanks, Dad!) anywhere other than home and in the car.
- That I can still giggle at goofy songs about bodily functions and sing along with my kids.
- I'm thankful that my mother's health has been good and the cancer hasn't returned.
- That my uncle has a defiant, stubborn streak and is currently doing very well with his chemo.
- That my tumor was benign.
- I'm thankful for my job and the people I work with... don't let this get out, but I really do like my job (shh!).
- I'm thankful for my friends: those who've been family to me for many years, and those who've been recent additions to my circle of friends.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to recently reconnect to many old friends (mostly via Facebook), perhaps even closer to some than we were "back in the day."
- I'm thankful for the basics: a roof over my head, three meals to eat (plus snacks, plus coffee... I'm very thankful for coffee...), clothes to wear, and a vehicle to get me around. The extras are all gravy.
So... what are you thankful for?
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. May you spend it with loved ones and enjoy every minute.