Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Being Thankful...

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays: very little of the retail hype that accompanies Christmas (which now starts directly after Halloween, apparently), time spent with loved ones, and reflections on what we're thankful for.

What am I thankful for?
  • My family: two incredibly cute kids with very different and wonderful personalities, and a husband who gave up his career to be the stay-at-home-dad.
  • That the above kids have not yet decided to sing the made-up songs about bodily functions (thanks, Dad!) anywhere other than home and in the car.
  • That I can still giggle at goofy songs about bodily functions and sing along with my kids.
  • I'm thankful that my mother's health has been good and the cancer hasn't returned.
  • That my uncle has a defiant, stubborn streak and is currently doing very well with his chemo.
  • That my tumor was benign.
  • I'm thankful for my job and the people I work with... don't let this get out, but I really do like my job (shh!).
  • I'm thankful for my friends: those who've been family to me for many years, and those who've been recent additions to my circle of friends.
  • I'm thankful for the opportunity to recently reconnect to many old friends (mostly via Facebook), perhaps even closer to some than we were "back in the day."
  • I'm thankful for the basics: a roof over my head, three meals to eat (plus snacks, plus coffee... I'm very thankful for coffee...), clothes to wear, and a vehicle to get me around. The extras are all gravy.

So... what are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. May you spend it with loved ones and enjoy every minute.

No comments: